Government Health and Safety Solution Operation is seeking a Platform Engineer to support a program with the Department of Health and Human Services in Rockville, MD.
- Manage compliance assessments on workstations based on HHS security guides, procedures, policies, methodologies, frameworks, and standards.
- Work with Security Operation Center identify and locate vulnerable devices and systems, implement recommended security mitigations per Security compliance protocols and policies
- Created a naming standard for Active Directory objects (workstations, servers, groups, sites, OU's)
- Testing and implementing Endpoint security tools for workstations to the entire HHS environment
- Evaluate Operating System and Security Patches monthly following Microsoft patch release schedule, performed regression testing.
- Perform patch management for system and security updates to all network related devices and server operating systems using SCCM and remotely upgrades OS, Antivirus software’s and patches
- Responsible for managing Microsoft monthly security updates, 3rd party updates and software deployment using SCCM
- Provided support to SCCM, Office 365, Windows 10, Active Directory, WSUS, MDT platforms
- Run vulnerability scanning, analyze data against HHS-ITIO mandated scanning initiatives, vulnerability scan configuration troubleshooting, false positive identification to resolution
- Document assessment, actionable items, remediation, and reconciliation items for each identified vulnerability in a project within required time frames
- Develop and deploy custom packages to be used in upgrade and deployment of software
- Provide peer reviews of endpoint builds and deployments by other engineers
- Implement and test new generation AV tools on endpoint
- Integration encryption Bitlocker on endpoint devices
- Administer business-critical systems such as Active Directory, Office 365, and System Center Configuration Manager environments
- Maintain test environment for patching and software deployment and test
- Design, build and deploy operating system images and software packages for endpoints and workstations using tools such as SCCM, Group Policy, and Intune/Endpoint Manager
- Developed plan to upgrade all Windows OS workstations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent and 5+ years of related experience
- Strong experience with SCCM, Big Fix Knowledge and building software packages
- Extensive experience troubleshooting software for CORE managed image applications
- Experience with Systems and Security Patching as well as testing and implementing Endpoint security tools
- Experience working with Active Directories, Office 365, and SCCM
- Knowledge and understanding with software development lifecycle
- Project management of engineering projects
- MECP (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager) MS 365 Intune
- Hands-on experience with Power BI and Power Platform
- PowerShell scripting
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.