The Langley Research Center (LaRC) Center Operations Manager (COM) is responsible for the programmatic, financial and customer relationship success of the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. In this role, the Center Operations Manager will lead the NEST Center team and successfully execute program requirements.
The COM will be responsible for the execution of the concept of operations; establishing and building strong customer and industry relationships, leading the collaboration necessary across teams, broader Leidos organizations and subcontractors to ensure program success.
NEST provides End User Services such as compute, mobile, and print device deployment and refresh, incident and problem management, email and collaboration, enterprise operations, and information security to all 10 NASA Centers and other performance sites nationwide. The Center Operations Manager is the Leidos Site Manager responsible for all operational aspects of the program at Langley Research Center, located in Virginia.
• Managing program risks and opportunities program milestones achieved through adherence to program master plans and schedules.
• Developing/executing corrective action plans to mitigate internal or customer identified issues.
• Delivering effective control systems and reporting for accurately processing change and controlling in-scope performance of program functional task elements such as operations, Dev Ops, engineering, test, procurement, quality control, logistics, safety, security, and administrative functions.
• Working closely with and building relationships with the NASA Center customer community.
• Maintain a diverse and inclusive environment to ensure team members are more engaged and motivated to perform better.
• Meeting financial goals supporting the program's Annual Operating Plan (AOP)• Participating in developing of future strategies for out - year NASA Acquisitions.
• Driving on-contract growth goals.
• Developing Estimates to Complete/Estimates at Completion (ETC/EAC).
• Briefing external and internal senior leadership teams on program performance (Monthly Reviews).
• Experience with the program management of a large Enterprise IT Service Delivery program.
• Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers (SES and above).
• ITIL Certification.
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
• Extensive knowledge of NASA Communities (Operations / Acquisition / Development) including Centers and Labs.
• Demonstrated experience establishing teaming relationships/partnerships and oversight of subcontractors.
• Demonstrated experience managing mid to large programs (greater than $100M).
• Prior proposal/acquisition experience for mid to large programs (greater than $100M) and understanding of the NASA procurement process.
• Experience with Program Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS).
• Understanding of Risk and Opportunity management processes.
• Understanding of all program financial and business processes and metrics.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
• Demonstrated success building relationships with customers and teammates.
• Experience executing development programs in an agile environment>
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong morale within the team through team building.
• PMP Certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience .
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.