Must have a current Secret security clearance.
The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team, performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Performs all duties of Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution. Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Team Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree with 12+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator – Operational experience with RHEL6 and RHEL7. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have Active Secret security clearance
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using Redhat Satellite
- Documenting system processes for Unix environments
- HW experience: Knowledge of VMWare and Azure
- SW experience: Operating Systems: RHEL6 and RHEL 7
- Redhat Satellite Server and Redhat Clustering
- VMWare Aware
- Azure Aware
- DISA environment hardening experience
- Linux Centos experience
- BMC Remedy experience
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Pseries Linux
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Program Specific Salary Range: $140K to $160K
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.