The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Software Architect, contingent upon contract award, that requires experience with Java, web application full stack, system integration using API, exceptional troubleshooting skill and strong communication and would ideally have some familiarity with the healthcare industry and health IT.
The role is responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, design, build, and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects.
Job responsibilities include:
- Expertise in creating system architecture, data flow diagrams and evaluating system for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Suggest ideas to improve system performance and cost reduction
- Communicate system architecture to stakeholders and collaborate and coordinate with other developers to adopt new technologies, procedures and IT standards
- Champion coding best practices
- Influence others to adopt new technical approaches and solutions
- Capable of thorough communication of technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Reading, comprehending software requirements, and assisting with estimating efforts
- Design, development and implementation of new features and resolution of defects
- Assisting in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assisting with application deployments which include installation, configuration, and testing
- Producing technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
Bachelor’s and 8 yrs of related experience
- Expertise in Azure Cloud, Azure DevOps, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Grid, Azure Data Factory (ADF), Rancher, Databricks, Azure SQL, Databricks Delta Lake, Lakehouse architecure, security framework (7 – 10 years of experience)
- Expertise in Java software development: Java 1.8+, JEE, JSP, Servlets, Struts 2, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JDBC, Apache Commons Libraries (10 – 15 years of experience)
- Expertise in Azure DevOps pipeline, Azure Repos, code review and testing tools ( 7 – 10 years of experience)
- Expertise in Cloud integration & data processing frameworks (7 – 10 years of experience)
- Experience of modern frontend web user interface frameworks ( 5 years of experience)
- Experience of common software and system security practices ( 5 years of experience)
- Skills and experience with SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, IIS, and GitHub
- Experience on building and deploying apps to Azure Kubernetes Service, Weblogic, Tomcat, web/app server
- Experience working in Agile team environment
- Experience on SmartBear QAComplete, Collaborator, TestComplete and Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with AngularJS and React
- Familiarity with health IT concepts, terminology and standards (e.g. HL7 CDA, FHIR, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux, Azure pipelines, Microservices, Rancher
- Microsoft Certified “Azure Solutions Architect Expert” a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.