Leidos is seeking an Infrastructure Manager who is well verse in Directory Services and Identity Access Management to support efforts for NGEN-R; the successful candidate will be responsible for performing enterprise level operations and supporting engineering development for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Navy’s NMCI network on the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
- This candidate will be responsible for directing infrastructure repairs for Directory Services, IdAM, and Account Management systems, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services on the network.
- Support restoral of services following an outage in accordance with the COOP plan.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
- Provide data center support where appropriate.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to employees.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of NMCI Enterprise Operations.
- Oversee incident resolution, ensuring appropriate response to escalations.
- Lead and manage a team of 10-20 personnel.
- Coordinate infrastructure repairs including directing remote activities to ensure continuity for service delivery.
- Review root cause analysis documentation to address performance management and incident correlation issues.
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information flow is secure.
- Assists with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Enterprise Operations.
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning.
- Work within the DevSecOps methodology to plan and support implementation of new technologies.
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics.
- Assist the Cyber Team employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness).
- When necessary assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Requires 5+ years of relevant experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Manager (IAT) Level II certification i.e. Security +CE
- Experience with information technology (IT) and a solid understanding of AD and IdAM systems.
- Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Experience leading teams.
- Must have experience in documenting processes and procedures and creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks.
- Work within the DevSecOps framework within the engineering and security teams to test new network designs.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the systems and transport devices in the production environment.
- Advise stakeholders of hardware requirements, configurations and limitations.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of Enterprise Operations.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics.
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with technical teams and business stakeholders to resolve challenges.
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members.
- Ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership.
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3/4 certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.