Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex Program for the Warfighter? Well, look no further! This is an exciting time to contribute to a mission-critical program with lasting impactful results. Leidos is currently looking to add a DevOps Engineer-3 (DevOps-3) to a growing task. We’re looking for an engineer with the following skills and experience:
• Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
• Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
• Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, stag in g, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
• Set-up up new sites and applications via configuration management such as Puppet and Ansible
• Maintain / upgrade/ patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence/Jira)
• Create, Assist, and Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
• Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
• Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
• Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements
• Assist with support and operations where necessary
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
• Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
• Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
• Proficient automating network infrastructure configuration using Software Defined Networking
• Ability to have a holistic view of service development and deployment architecture
• Understanding of SLA requirements and role of high availability architectures, performance optimization, and monitoring techniques
• Act in the capacity to support deployment and operations when necessary
• Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes.
• Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, ansible, etc.)
• Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams
• Must be fluent with Git
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 617/8, RHCSNRHCE CentOS)
• Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
• 10+ years working in an Agile dev environment (excludes education experience such as Bachelor's or Master degree in relevant field)
• Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo Docker, and Kubernetes for automated deployment preferred
• Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
• Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus). Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance etc.
• 10+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
• 10+ years' experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies.
• Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java.
• Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments.
• Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
Bachelor 's degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor' s or Master's degree in relevant field).
The preferred candidate MUST be proficient in the following skills and technologies:
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.