Leidos has an immediate need for a Network Operations Center Supervisor to support the AEGIS contract at NASA's Goddard Space Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD / Virginia / District of Columbia (DC) area. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. Candidate will provide support on the CP NASCOM Mission Network Environment at Goddard Spaceflight Center (GSFC) located in Greenbelt Maryland.
- Supervises a staff of up to16 people monitoring NASA’s Mission Network on a 24 X 7 basis
- Manages employee Personal Time Off and Emergency Leave to ensure Shift Coverage is maintained
- Provides initial training to new employees before they are put on a shift.
- Provides training as necessary when new Systems/Services are integrated into the network
- Performs yearly certification of employees to confirm their competence to perform the tasks at hand and AEGIS contract requirements
- Develops Procedural Documentation for staff and provides recommended changes for documentation outside of their area of responsibility
- Develops reports on staff workload and identifies risks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP technology including IP addressing (IPV4 and IPV6), subnet masking.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network issues in both a LAN and large WAN environment which includes firewalls and network taps.
- Knowledge of the Command Line interface for Juniper and Cisco Routers and switches
- Knowledge of performing traceroutes, executing ping test, performing/evaluating data captures
- Knowledge of Voice Communications systems and services specifically when routed over an IP infrastructure
- Knowledge of common test equipment and techniques to troubleshoot both Voice and Data communication services
- Basic knowledge of Linux distributions
- Knowledge of all tools in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Existing Supervisorial experience in a high-paced NOC environment
- Knowledge of Quintron’s DICES II Voice Communications Systems
- Holder of one or more network certifications CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.