Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to support the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) Task Order for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, and professional with at least 10 years of hands-on engineering and thought leadership experience in a variety of classified and virtualized Information Technology environments. A skilled engineer with solid logic and troubleshooting experience across a wide variety of technologies. A solid candidate has a broad background, solid written and verbal communication skills, and has experience with transitioning a variety of technologies to the cloud. Experience with infrastructure as code environments, automating patches and system configurations, and with designing and engineering virtualized and commercial cloud environments, architectures, and designs.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is located at Rosslyn, VA, Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
Provide continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer
Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Develop, document and maintain functional, integration, security, and load/stress testing procedures with Government approval and plans that meet requirements and adhere to defined cyber security and change management policies.
- Develop automated testing of all new applications and services developed and deployed
- Develop an ongoing plan for continual testing and acceptance from development into operations in a streamlined efficient manner
- Assess and communicate the overall impact and potential risk to services components prior to implementing changes.
- Validate all new and upgraded services components or services for compliance with CESO security policies.
- Ensure path to production environments maintain consistent configuration across all services components.
- Engineer improvements to existing and future CESO technologies in an agile approach while ensuring cyber security and integration requirements are met.
- Recommend WAN/LAN/virtual private network (VPN)/requirements based on mission needs and industry best practices
- Support the order of WAN circuits, equipment and services as defined and required by CESO
- Coordinate with CESO, service recipients, and public carriers, as required
- Provide data network architecture expertise to meet CESO’s needs
- Prepare data network design, engineering, and security plans and schedules to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards
- Develop testing and integration procedures, with Government approval, for data network design, engineering and security that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Sustain, support, and improve the network architecture and designs of the IOC capabilities and SW defined networking architecture as outlined in FOC.
- Manage all designated data network devices in accordance with CESO policies (including security oversight and change management policies)
Implementation & Migration
- Facilitate the migration of customer data and metadata onto the CESO architecture and applications
- Develop, document and maintain implementation and migration procedures with Government approval that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies.
- Notify CESO of equipment migration and redeployment plans and schedules.
- Review all implementation and migration plans and schedules with CESO.
- Conduct pre-installation site surveys, as required.
- Coordinate implementation and migration support activities with CESO IT staff and contractor IT staff.
- Install or migrate new and upgraded services components or services into operational environment.
- Perform validation tests on all new and upgraded services components or services.
- Bachelor's degree and 16+ years of hands-on engineering and thought leadership experience in a variety of classified and virtualized Information Technology environments, ideally with federal government. Additional experience may substitute for degree.
- A skilled engineer with solid logic and troubleshooting experience across a wide variety of technologies.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, and has experience with transitioning a variety of technologies to the cloud.
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI level security clearance, and may be asked to obtain CI Poly in future.
- Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.