Leidos is seeking a Project Coordinator in Newport News, VA.
Come join our team! The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a talented Project Coordinator to come support our team in Newport News, VA. We’re looking for a high-energy, motivated, and organized person to help manage the day-to-day activities of the local team, the site, as well as community outreach activities. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world-class software solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
- Analyze and execute software development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, KanBan)
- Provide support to software developers, testers, SCRUM masters
- Supporting local leadership with programmatic reviews and customer engagements.
- Coordinate community outreach activities
- Coordinate internship logistics with local universities and support liaison activities.
- Coordinate guest visits.
- Inventory and purchase Leidos equipment (laptops, monitors, etc.) and software.
- Help manage site events (retirements, parties, food events, etc.)
- Help with office supplies and reordering.
- Provide ideas for staff engagement and retention initiatives.
- Support new staff with their onboarding and orientation, keep track of start dates and orientation matters.
- Schedule interviews and support local leadership with staffing.
- Coordinate building construction/maintenance activities.
- Recent Bachelor’s Degree in a a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience as it relates to this position.
- Ability to take vague direction and implement to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High energy and adaptability.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- A Bachelor's Degree and 1+ years of experience.
- Experience with software development teams.
- Experience with coordinating team and volunteering events.
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.