No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
As a member of the Engineering and Development team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
The NASA IT portfolio within Civil-EMS currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a telework position, but the ideal candidate will reside within reasonable commute distance from a NASA operating center. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NASA End-User Services and Technologies (NEST) mission. In this mission, we serve as an agile, trusted partner to transform, integrate, simplify, modernize, and safeguard NASA IT systems and data. And, above all else, continuously enhance the end-user experience.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining complex applications and databases. This includes supporting applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed as well as developing technical program documentation. Must be able to clearly articulate technical dialog with a variety of audiences to include NEST and NASA management. Must be able to work within a team environment as this position will interact with not only members of NEST but also cross contracts with other service offices.
- Senior-level software development support
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, implements, and maintains software products including major enhancements
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Instructs, mentors, and checks the work of other software developers on development team
- Participates in development of software documentation (e.g. Solution Specification, Data Mapping, User Manuals, etc.)
- Ability to develop, test, implement, and maintain complex applications
- Expertise developing applications (i.e. Web, Console, Services, REST and SOAP API) in C# via Visual Studio
- Expertise with design and implementation of database objects (e.g. tables, procedures, types, etc.)
- Experience with database optimization
- Experience with SQL Server administration
- Experience with .NET 6, .NET Core, and .NET Framework
- Experience with GIT repositories
- Experience developing HTML and web applications
- Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer requirements
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
- Ability to obtain a security clearance commensurate with the position
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience working in the NASA environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.