Must be available to work a flexible schedule and be on call.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required due to length of investigation required for non-U.S. persons.
Additional support may include:
- Personnel training;
- Waste characterizations;
- Review and maintain shipping and disposal records;
- Completion of reports (weekly, monthly and annual);
- Property decontamination and remediation;
- Spill Response;
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 1 year experience, or college hours towards an environmental science or related bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work under variable field conditions (weather, insects, and/or limited personnel and vehicle access).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, for presentations, reports, and other uses.
- Strong interpersonal skills as the position involves interfacing with client and on-site personnel.
- Ability to perform continuous physical labor, including moving materials up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of evaluating problems as they arise, be aware of what is happening around you, and understand how your own actions could impact your Team’s overall goals and objectives.
- Must be able to follow prescribed safety procedures at all times while performing various duties.
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER
- Prior experience working with hazardous materials, knowledge of RCRA disposal regulations, knowledge of DOT regulations, knowledge of BUSTR regulations.
- Experience operating lift equipment, such as forklifts, straight trucks with lift gates, pallet jacks and drum dollies.
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.