Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Biostatistician to support the Naval Medical Center San Diego Ophthalmology Clinic in San Diego, CA. This position will support the Naval Medical Center San Diego Ophthalmology’s Refractory Surgery Center in their mission to provide state-of-the-art surgical vision correction to active-duty Navy and Marine Corps personnel, with emphasis on visual performance enhancement for the warfighter. The Refractory Surgery Center conducts clinical research evaluating the safety and efficacy of emerging technologies and new surgical techniques. This research helps to ensure the safe and effective treatment of warfighters to maximize their vision and minimize need for glasses and contact lenses. The Biostatistician will work collaboratively with the study team to analyze all research data using advanced statistical/mathematical software programs such as Zernike Tool, Statistica, SPSS, SAS, and/or MATLAB.
- Contribute to data management processes, including data verification, cleaning, quality assurance, merging, and preparing data requests
- Develop algorithms to define outcomes of interest
- Use a statistical software package to clean and analyze data and run statistical models
- Prepare tables and graphs displaying research findings
- Maintain and update documentation on all processes and procedures, including data dictionaries and codebooks
- Develop study deliverables, including presentations, reports, and publications
- Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related field
- 3-5 years’ work experience in biostatistics or related field
- Expertise in SPSS, SAS or other statistical software package
- Experience developing reports to describe research findings.
- Experience developing and submitting study reports to the FDA.
- Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Naval Health West - NHW
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.