Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health, and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
- The Leidos Defense group has an opening for a highly motivated individual. The Virtualization and Storage Journeyman position at MacDill AFB, FL supports the Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE). The JCSE team provides en-route, early entry, scalable C4 support to Regional Combatant Commands, Special Operations Command, and other agencies. In this role, you will be responsible for system assessments, and providing hands-on engineering support. Key elements of this position include: Participate in evaluation, selection, implementation and on-going support of software, hardware and tools used by the Enterprise Infrastructure platform; Respond to End User requests for technical support and assistance within established procedures; providing Tier II support to the Joint Network Operations Center (JNOC); developing, engineering, and recommending hardware and software solutions; and conducting cybersecurity mitigations on design solutions to comply with Risk Management Framework (RMF) cybersecurity requirements.
- Provide virtualization engineering support with experience with virtual servers, networks, and VDI infrastructure.
- Perform software upgrades and technology refreshes on servers and storage.
- Hands on experience developing, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing virtual system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, memory usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Perform RMF/systems security administration/hardening functions, including creating user profiles and accounts on virtual hardware platforms. Develop and maintain virtual hardware platforms system configuration baselines. Configure administrator accounts, tune system performance, and install system wide software and allocate mass storage.
- Provide operational support for Active Directory, Windows Server, and other Microsoft Application Servers
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures..
- Ensure the system design adheres to industry standards, DOD standards, DOD policies, DOD instructions, DOD directives, cybersecurity policies, and best commercial practices.
- Provide support to team members with the tools, knowledge, and support documentation required to support enterprise architecture.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and respond to escalated requests for technical assistance.
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security+ce, CCNA Security, CySA+, etc.)
- NetApp Certified Associate
- VMware Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience; specific years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Clearance: Secret
Intrigued?... There’s more! Leidos understands that there are many factors that contribute to a career decision, but pay and benefits are fundamental factors.
Compensation: Very competitive, with a robust rewards and recognition program
Health and well-being: Comprehensive coverage with many programs (ex. HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 24/7 EAP) to ensure the well-being of you, eligible family members, and registered domestic partners.
Income Protection: Programs to help navigate life events: Company-provided Term Basic Life, Group Universal Life, Optional Dependent Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Business travel accident
Leave: Leidos is committed to work life balance, with competitive leave options.
Retirement: Leidos 401k plan, with company match determined by fringe benefit package
Employee Stock Purchase plan: 10% discount for all enrollees
Family Benefits: Center-based and in home back-up childcare, free access to Sittercity, and Dependent (Daycare) Flexible Spending Accounts
The Leidos values are integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment. It’s under these values that we feel we are able to provide a safe work environment where we foster equality, growth, and creativity. If you feel Leidos is a fit you and can meet your needs, please submit your application and join our team in our commitment to excellence.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.