The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced Personnel Security Specialist for the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract in Norfolk, Virginia. The candidate will work as part of a multi-functional security project team to facilitate personnel and industrial security actions related to a fast-paced, highly visible program supporting the US Navy. Under the NGEN SMIT program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Personnel Security Specialist works under the guidance of the Leidos Regional Security Manager in the application of Leidos security standards and practices to existing Government facilities identified by the contract. Supports and conducts internal investigations in accordance with legal, contractual and company policies. Additionally, incumbent will participate in guiding and implementing the application of security program measures under U.S. government national industrial security directives (NISPOM DoD 5220.22-M, etc.), Personnel Security Program (SECNAV 5510-30C), Information Security Program (SECNAV 5510 -36).
- Provide the Regional Security Manager and various Facility Security Officers (FSO) support implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as classified inventory and document control, security investigations, personnel access nominations, classification control, visitor/access control, Contract Security Classification Specifications (DD254), Program Classification Guides, Intelligence Community Directives, all applicable laws and regulations regarding export-controlled information and technology and government policies.
- Duties may include studying, investigating, preparing reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific expertise including security inquiry and incident reporting. Create training aides and provide security briefings to personnel holding collateral clearances.
- Resolves complex problems and issues faced, which may require complete understanding of broader set of issues
- Support the draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to personnel and industrial security.
- Provide support for government CCRI and CCORI inspections
- Typically requires a BA degree and 4–8 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent 6–10 years of Security experience.
- Knowledge of NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Defense Information Security System (DISS), eQIP.
- Prior experience using DISS or other government authoritative systems.
- Prior knowledge of electronic and physical security systems to include the Lenel access control system.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with minimum direction
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel both internal and external via verbal and written communications
- U.S Citizen currently possessing an active DOD TOP SECRET Clearance
- Accreditation/professional certifications in industrial and/or personnel security (ISP, SFPC, CDSE FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities, etc.)
- Experience working at Government locations
- Prior experience supporting Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI)
- Self-starter, with ability to establish priorities, resolve immediate security issues
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.