Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer II to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Communicate weekly with subcontractors and DoD officials for programmatic updates and requirements.
- Regularly utilize approval authority for configuration management processes.
- Apply analytical skills to dissect cause-effect relationships across engineering disciplines.
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration management process.
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance and efficiency.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Possible programs may include SolidWorks, Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.
- Experience in mechanical design processes and best practices.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting weights.
- Ability to perform on-aircraft surveys in confined spaces against 2D drawings.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR aircraft.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics.
- Strong understanding of configuration management standards.
- Detail oriented and organized personality.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.