Leidos is hiring a Computer Network Defense Security Engineer. An active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this role. All work will be performed onsite in Suitland, MD.
The Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) is an IT service provider for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) and for 70+ Navy Intelligence Community (IC) ashore organizations across the globe with mission to deploy and operate classified information systems, networks, communications systems, and cybersecurity capabilities. Within Hopper ISC, the Cybersecurity Department is comprised of four divisions which collectively secure, protect, assess, and monitor fielded IT capabilities agains a full range of internal and external threats.
Candidate will provide operations, engineering, technical and program management support services to support the cyber related requirements and operations and will routinely work independently to achieve critical mission objectives. This new hire will collaborate with internal and external customers and experts to develop technical solutions to complex problems to timely meet mission objectives.
- Establish and manage high performing CND team with a continued focus on development in the areas of individual and team mentoring/building skills to include thinking outside the box by providing innovative, creative solutions to complex cyber security issues.
- Perform forensic processes required for the collection, acquisition and analysis of forensic images and other data with tools such as EnCase Enterprise, EnCase CyberSecurity, LinEn, and netcat; recovery COs (such as ERD Commander or Hiren); and Syslntemals tools.
- Perform penetration testing to include using Red Teaming tactics, techniques
and procedures, including phishing and the use of various tools such as Backtrack/Kali, SamuraiWTF, NMap, Burp Suite, sqlmap, and Metasploit.
- Identify and conduct research in emerging technologies and assessing their technical and performance characteristics.
- Develop and maintain documentation for each individual project and system to include: Requirements and Design Documents, Implementation Plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Risk Management Framework Documentation, System / Network Diagrams, Work Breakdown Structure Project Schedule, Installation & Configuration Guides, Operations & Maintenance Guides and Analyst Operations Guides
- Engineer, test, configure/tune, administer and operate Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems (NIDPS), such as Cisco ASA, HP Tipping Point, McAfee Intrashield, and host-based intrusion Detection/Prevention such as McAfee ePO (HBSS).
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- GCIA, CEH, CNDA, GCIH, CSIH, CISSP, or CASP.
- BA/BS in CS, IT, IA or related degree and 12+ years of relevant professional experience. An additional 4+ years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3+ years professional Project or Program Management experience
- 8+ years concentrated experience in the CND discipline
- 6+ years experience in the design, development, integration, implementation, operation, and analysis of cyber security technologies used within the DoD and IC as well as knowledge of federal cyber security initiatives.
- Significant experience in the engineering, testing, configuration/tuning, administration and operational use of vulnerability management and assessment technologies such as eEye Retina and Tenable Nessus (ACAS).
- Significant experience conducting vulnerability assessments using Retina, Tenable Nessus (ACAS), WASSP, or SECSCN and subsequent remediation of security control deficiencies.
- Significant experience in the engineering, testing, configuration/tuning, administration and operational use of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, such as HP ArcSight and Splunk.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.