Leidos has an immediate need for a Network Operations Center Specialist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video, and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This position supports ensuring that Telemetry and Command data flows for NASA’s spacecraft and aeronautical missions flow smoothly
- Use a variety of network management and diagnostic tools for monitoring, troubleshooting communications-related problems for NASA’s Mission Network known as NASCOM
- Escalating issues to appropriate groups to minimize customer impact and downtime.
- Monitoring and some maintenance assistance will be required of Cisco Routers & Switches, Junipers Routers
- Operating NASA unique hardware items is also required
- Support the network’s operations and day-to-day activities in support of NASA missions
- Resolving real-time network and data flow problems while working with other NASA Centers and customers
- Supporting the testing and implementation of new network services
- Position is in the NASCOM Operations Management Center (NOMC), a 24X7 network operation center, and requires supporting non-standard shifts, weekends and holidays
- Candidate must be able to pass both a written and practical certification test associated with the operations of the Mission Network within 180 days of hire.
- Knowledge of normal trouble ticket processes
- Knowledge of TCP/IP technology
- Knowledge of IP Addressing and subnet masking
- Experience in supporting Wide Area Networking connectivity
- Hands-on experience with standard industry products eg. Cisco, Juniper, and Ciena
- Knowledge of Network Monitoring tools, eg. NNMi, Specturm, MRTG, CACTI
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Effective communicator and able to coordinate network and customer issues with other technical sections
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to real-time dataflow issues.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours/shifts
- Pleasant personality
- Knowledge and hands on experience with data analyzers, network probes and other network diagnostic and performance measurement devices
- Knowledge of iPerf and other data capture and packet inspection tools
- Experience in performing traceroutes, executing ping test
- Experience in WAN technologies such as SONET and MPLS
- Experience working with Commercial Carrier service providers, eg, AT&T, Verizon
- Knowledgeable of transmission principals including T1, T3, DS-3 &OC-3/48;
- Knowledge of serial interfaces including RS232, and RS 449
- Holder of a current CCNA or equivalent network certification
- Basic knowledge of Linux
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.