The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Environmental & Safety Professional to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA’s Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program.
In general, this person will be a part of a larger team of EOSH professionals that supports the FAA’s ESA, and will support the Atlanta (ATL) District and Eastern Service Area EOSH team. The candidate will responsible for supporting many multi-faceted EOSH programs, and will be required to maintain applicable training and certification requirements as necessary. These programs include (but are not limited to) Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Chemical Management, Emergency Response, Electrical Safety, Water, Fuel Storage Tanks, and Fall Protection. The candidate will provide direct support to multi-level customers in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. The position may be located in Atlanta, Georgia. The person will be required to work independently, and be able to provide quick response support for unplanned events. The work hours are normally 7 – 3:30, Monday thru Friday but can vary based on client support needed.
Specifically, the chosen candidate will have experience in writing reports with strict reporting deadlines. This includes extensive experience sampling and interpreting analytical reports and being able to identify exceedances in those reports. The selected candidate must be able to provide comprehensive technical EOSH training to employees as requested. The selected candidate must be independently develop EOSH and Industrial Hygiene (IH) sampling plans, propose mitigations, and make recommendations to management and clients. The candidate will must also provide EOSH/IH training to employees as requested The selected candidate must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers. The chosen applicant must be a self-starter, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This is a full time position that requires up to 40-50 percent travel. This position may be virtual OR at the customer site as requested.
- Provide environmental and safety support to the FAA’s EOSH Programs. The primary programs are Indoor Air Quality (IAQ); Asbestos Management; Lead Management (paint); Polychlorinated Biphenyls Management; Chemical/Hazardous Waste Management; Pesticide Management; Drinking Water Management; Fuel Storage Tank Management; Fall Protection Program; Hearing Safety Program; Electrical Safety Program; Confined Space Program; and Radiation Program. Additionally, the candidate will be required to employ and be familiar with a wide variety of sampling instrumentation, sampling techniques, and based on experienced judgment offer sound engineering or administrative recommendations to control stresses that may impact employee health and safety. The candidate will be required to provide various training classes for the above programs. Note: the candidate is not expected to be proficient in all of the listed programs. However, the candidate will provide support to the listed programs and will be required to learn/support the listed programs over time.
- Conduct site inspections and surveys, and submit proper technical reports conveying findings and sound guidance to resolve/mitigate any EOSH/IH issues.
- Able to manage inspections using electronic data; utilize on-line data storage locations; and be able to use all Microsoft programs.
- Able to research and interpret Federal, State, Local, and FAA rules and regulations that are applicable to EOSH Programs.
- Provide excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Provide extensive experience with various types of EOSH field equipment (ex. PID, XRF, Dosimeter, etc.).
- Technical competence in obtaining and managing Asbestos samples & reports.
- Technical competence in conducting and managing IAQ samples & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and managing Fall Protection issues & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and managing Electrical Safety issues and reports.
- Technical competence in obtaining and managing Drinking Water samples and reports.
- Requires BS 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Senior level experience in Industrial Hygiene
- Minimum of 5-8 years of environmental, health and safety experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Candidate must also have a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or similar degree.
- Master Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.