The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a DevOps Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. As a DevOps Engineer on this program, you’ll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You’ll lead efforts to incorporate open-source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team’s developers to do what they do best – innovate. You’ll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas including Amazon Web Services (AWS), software integration, and cloud architecture while developing software that will improve national security and support the GEOINT community. As a technical leader, you’ll identify new opportunities to build software solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Join our team as we drive innovation and build the GEOINT mission platform that will transform the future of GEOINT processing for our client.
- Managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining all components that comprise the DevOps environment
- Developing and maintaining scripts to automate tool deployment to an AWS cloud environment and other tasks
- Scripting and maintaining build environments
- Working with project teams to integrate their products into the DevOps environment
- Conducting round table discussions on capabilities
- Defining enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and best practices
- Codifying software development best practices across the enterprise
- Developing automated testing framework within DevOps processes
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Experience with DevOps pipeline tools and technologies, including Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, or Kubernetes
- Command line experience in Linux or Unix
- Ability to obtain a Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- AWS Solution Architect or AWS SysOps Administrator Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Developer
- Knowledge in complex application integration AWS certification.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.