Leidos is seeking a Test and Evaluation Lead who will be responsible for the System Integration & Test (I&T) execution on the Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. Responsibilities will encompass leading I&T lifecycle activities for a large-scale software system in support of the TFDM contract. TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
TFDM will provide efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Test and Evaluation Lead responsibilities:
• Primary interface with the FAA customer and counterpart to the FAA Test Director
• Responsible for guidance and leadership of all Integration & Test activities, including development of Test CDRLs such as Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, etc., integration testing, and formal test conduct to verify TFDM A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements. This includes functional testing, hardware testing, interface testing, PAT, and Site Acceptance testing.
• Provide technical oversight over Integration & Test team, conduct weekly team meetings, weekly I&T Critical Thread Reviews, and present I&T status at weekly program reviews.
• Facilitate and lead the cross-coordination and cross-communication with Systems Engineering, Software, Chief Engineer, and Program Management as it relates to I&T progress and status.
• Perform Test Director responsibilities during formal test runs
• Establish & refine Integration & Test full life cycle processes and procedures.
• Provide key inputs to I&T management on planning and estimating of I&T activities and help apply tracking metrics on the team’s progress.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, plans and procedures, are in accordance with program requirements.
• Demonstrate experience in providing technical oversight over I&T staff.
• Requires a BA/BS and with a minimum of 12+ years of prior relevant experience a Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience in directing test managers and test engineers in the performance of test and system replacement functions, designing/developing test plans, writing test cases, and test procedures and managing the execution of a test program of large, complex systems and subsystems.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Experience with having executed a formal test program, including development of test plans, test cases, test procedures, test reports, and participated in formal run for record tests on a large-scale software development program.
• System Test leadership experience
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
• Experience in System Integration & Test process, process improvements and Test architecture
• Customer interface experience
• Prior Test Director or Test Management experience
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Familiarity with Earned Value Methodology (EVM) and EVM metrics to measure I&T progress
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.