GxNext is seeking a Mid-Level Automated Test Software Developer to collaborate with operations and development teams to ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality. They will contribute to the in-house automation framework, help to develop reliable automation tests for both development and system operations teams to ensure the stability of mission critical software. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer with strong cross-functional skills who has a passion for building great software products and improving engineering and testing efficiency.
***This is a remote position but the candidate needs to be local to the DMV to be able to come into the
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of tools and frameworks that facilitate test automation, as well as the implementation of automated test cases themselves
- Execute automation test strategy that promotes best automation approach (API and UI), and developing toolsets to enhance manual test efforts for the program
- Contribute to overall testing strategy including manual and performance testing efforts
- Provide guidance to the team on best practices, and have the ability to influence the program’s test automation efforts for the years to come
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the test automation framework
- Execute existing manual test procedures and document findings
- Identify risks, opportunities and work items for process and test automation
- Expected to investigate, troubleshoot and document issues discovered
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket to track development activities, author documentation, and control source code
- Candidate must have BS degree with 2 + years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s of Science Degree with less than 2 years or prior relevant experience. May consider work experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience developing tests using Selenium and/or Cucumber testing frameworks
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing
- Able to debug, analyze and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team or demonstrated understanding of agile development methodology
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with a Polygraph security clearance, but not needed to start the position.
- All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
- Experience using Git/Bitbucket
- Experience executing or managing the execution of manual or automated tests to verify and validate system/service functionality
- Experience with SOAPUI, Mockito, Postman, or other automated test software and tools
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with web development and use of Reacts, Redux or similar
- Security+ Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.