The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a solutions-driven Program Manager to lead high visibility programs dedicated to climate change, strategic sustainability, greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction, and climate resilience initiatives for large federal government customers.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing a broad range of activities across multiple areas related to climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience. The successful candidate will have experience developing actionable climate action and GHG reduction strategies for large, complex public sector agencies and organizations and supporting the integration of those strategies into their mission and vision.
The successful candidate will have a growth mindset, and experience with organizational coaching and transformational leadership.
Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
The Program Manager (Climate) will oversee six major areas of activity: (1) strategic planning; (2) data driven analytics and visualization; (3) innovative initiatives to meet climate goals; (4) sustainable acquisition strategies; (5) organizational change strategies; and (6) communications strategies.
The position will also support the following:
- Ensuring that all programs are executed within scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Managing staff with respect to recruitment; hiring; onboarding; career development; performance goal setting; performance evaluation and management; training requirements establishment and completion; salary administration.
- B.S. in environmental science or a physical science and a minimum of 15 years of experience supporting climate and sustainability projects and programs; or master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience. Experience developing innovative climate change strategies for large and complex customers, spanning the private sector; federal, state, and local government, and domestic and global non-governmental organizations.
- Experience with U.S. government energy, environmental, and sustainability initiatives, particularly with the Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, and Department of Defense;
- Knowledge and experience with approaches to supply chain decarbonization;
- Experience with federal acquisition and procurement practices;
- Experience with energy conservation and renewable energy procurement;
- Understanding of data management, environmental reporting, and data visualization, and;
- Experience with stakeholder engagement.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Pay Range:Pay Range $128,050.00 - $197,000.00 - $265,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.