This role requires an experienced Solutions Architect/Software Engineer to provide technical expertise with legacy on-premises software architectures and Cloud Migrations/Cloud-Native Service architectures. This role designs, develops, and implements an Enterprise SW architecture that software development teams can leverage to enhance legacy SW applications and move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to legacy SW applications and cloud implementation. The Chief Software Architect shall stay current on new and emerging software technologies, cloud computing, software development, and deployment methodologies and lead the research, prototype, and production of new concepts to support mission needs.
The Chief Software Architect, working closely with Application Developers, Operations Teams, and Security is responsible for setting the technical direction with the development team; building and promoting product roadmaps; leading the continuous evolution of mission software including function upgrades; and analyzing and improving software quality. Additionally, the Chief Software Architect shall oversee key deployments and upgrades including cloud computing migration; software requirements development; the design of software architectures including cloud and hybrid cloud architectures that are scalable, highly available, and supportable; and technical service/capability delivery.
This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience. This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field and 15+ years of related experience managing technical requirements in complex programs
- Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome
- Experience supervising others
- Experience applying software engineering, software architecture, or other related discipline on a large and complex software project
- Experience utilizing Agile Principles, Frameworks, and Tools
- Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning, and Software-defined Network (SDN) including the design and automation of IaaS and PaaS capabilities
- Experience supporting Representation State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), relational and NoSQL stores, networks, systems, tooling, monitoring, and cloud management
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining applications spanning multiple security enclaves
Must possess a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
US citizenship required.
- Experience working with various database technologies including relational database, real-time database and NoSQL database
- Experience working with virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, websites, data services, etc.
- Experience hosting AWS
- Experience designing and developing of cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage micro-service architecture
- Experience leading cross-functional technology teams