Leidos is looking for a Communications Specialist who is an experienced brand builder and great storyteller to support the NISC RITES team. The Communications Specialist should be able to work seamlessly with executives, thrive in a virtual business environment, influence strategic messaging and recommend the most effective communication vehicles that resonate with the intended audience.
The scope of this role includes the development and execution of regional and executive-level communications, as well as brand-building and team engagement initiatives. The Communications Specialist will be involved in cross-functional projects and needs to have the ability to interpret business initiatives in a simple, meaningful and compelling way for diverse audiences across the customer organization.
The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for all RITES status reports to keep all stakeholders informed of progress, to mitigate issues before they arise, and to ensure that projects land within the designated timeframe.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field with 4+ years of experience, or a Master's degree with 2+ years of prior experience.
- 5+ years previous experience corporate communications and/or media.
- Proven track record of working as a business communications partner and advising executives.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling content for different vehicles.
- Demonstrated success experience planning and facilitating meetings/events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and SharePoint are required; knowledge of other software including Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator are a plus.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Highly-motivated with a positive, customer-first attitude.
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving and relationship-building skills.
- Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal responsibility.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.