Leidos is hiring a Consulting Employee Cross Domain Systems Engineer with an active Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility to provide technical systems engineering in support of an on-premise government system, to include testing, system setup, installation, configuration, support and maintenance at Patrick SFB, Florida. Our new colleague will also be responsible for planning and integration of new features and capabilities, which involve trade study analysis of COTS products and methodologies to meet the customer’s requirements. This individual will work with a multi-disciplinary team of contractor and customer engineers and data analysts to ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to policies and procedures across multiple skill areas, enabling mission success.
- Identify, engineer, and execute new functionality and capability changes, process improvements, and other enhancements to improve operational efficiency.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades to include replacements for the equipment nearing the end of life cycle.
- Assist to provide functional interaction with end-users and coordinate with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Perform fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Design and oversee scripts development to assist in the maintenance of both servers and VMs, to include automation of processes.
- Lead upgrade planning and support asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Develop a configuration management plan.
- BA/BS and 8+ years’ relevant experience or MA/MS and 6+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification – CompTIA Security+ or higher (or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.)
- 4 years of experience in an operations role.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Familiar with Linux Red Hat and Centos environment to include creating baseline images of both Red Hat Linux bare metal and virtual machines.
- Familiar with virtualization and VMware including vCenter, VDIs and vSANs configuration
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- 2 years of patching servers, backups, permission management.
- 2 years of providing Tier II & III Linux support.
- Familiar with a programming language, Docker containers, JIRA and Confluence. Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with Cross Domain Solutions Knowledge of effectively developing IT operations best practices, including disaster recovery protocols.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux or other network related fields.
- Familiar with Kerberos computer-network authentication protocol
- Familiar with Apache NiFi or data streaming applications
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.