Leidos has an opening for a Foam Operations Engineer in Houston, Texas. The engineer will provide hands on support to the foam operations department by designing and manufacturing custom foam enclosures for the protection of hardware being flown to the International Space Station.
- Create complex foam designs
- Develop engineering drawings
- Develop Computer Aided Design Models (CAD) against engineering design and convert models to facilitate the programming CNC routers for foam manufacturing
- Manage foam manufacturing schedules and assign/manage resources to project builds
- Develop designs for rapid proto-typing and development of manufacturing schedules for 3-D printing manufacturing to support hardware project builds.
Additional duties will include:
- Provide technical design and fabrication support of mock up fabrications, mock up design, and additive manufacturing builds
- Provide support to the foam operations lead in managing multiple foam builds to meet mission and project milestones for the Cargo Mission Contract engineering and cargo mission integration disciplines
- Provide backup manufacturing functions as required
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering Discipline, preferably Mechanical Design
- Run and program additive manufacturing systems
- Ability to use Creo 5.0 to create 3D models and drawings
- Operating CNC routers
- Creating CNC G-code using Creo NC software
- Comprehensive experience in the use of powered and unpowered tools to fabricate end items
- Thorough understanding of how to read and implement requirements from engineering drawings
- At least 6 months relevant experience
- IBM Maximo applications
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence status is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.