Leidos is looking to hire a NetOps Specialist Mid in Camp Fuji, Japan to join our newly awarded SMIT program. The selected candidate will monitor the infrastructure and network by responding appropriately to alerts and events.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of SMIT, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Respond to escalated incidents from triage through resolution, including command level escalations, where appropriate.
· Respond to command level critical infrastructure repairs, including directing remote and virtual activities to maintain operational effectiveness for critical network services.
· Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures and established protocols.
· Provide data center support and ongoing feedback where appropriate.
· Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools through an established log and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
· Provide incident notification and ongoing updates to the Government Civilian Leads and the client.
· Plan, oversee and assist with Continuity of Operations (COOP) on planned outage simulations and unforeseen events related to disaster recovery.
· Train and oversee NetOPS Specialist Jr. personnel to provide additional skills and expertise to the client.
· High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
· 6 Years of Experience
· US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
· Must possess an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II and a CCNA certification
· Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application certification such as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.