The Leidos Civil Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) team. This individual will support FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and control systems.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
This will be a remote position with travel as needed to support different customer locations.
- The candidate shall have comprehensive knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electric Code,) NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in Workplace,) and NFPA 780 (Standard for the Installation of Lightning Protection Systems.) The candidate shall prepare electrical calculations and studies and originate complete construction packages that include calculations, drawings and specifications for new or existing air traffic control facilities with complex power distribution and HVAC systems.
- The candidate shall possess significant experience in engineering of power distribution systems and grounding of mission critical facilities that include one or more of the following: single-phase systems, three-phase systems, one or more commercial power service, backup engine generators, DC systems, etc. Large campus distribution is a plus; low voltage experience is necessary, medium voltage is a plus.
- The candidate must have experience in conducting complete calculations and studies by hand and by using nationally recognized electrical analysis software. The required calculations and studies include load flow; voltage drop; short circuit current; sizing of transformers, generators; complete low voltage protective device coordination studies; and arc flash hazard energy calculations. The candidate will be required to prepare electrical calculations, studies, technical reports, cost estimates; and review and analyze complete electrical construction packages prepared by others that will include all of the above, and review construction packages of other engineering disciplines for coordination with electrical design.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and have good communication skills to coordinate project activities of a multi-cultural and cross-functional team including clients and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited college in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience; or 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Previous experience with FAA systems is desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.