Leidos is seeking a Project Hydrogeologist (Remote) to support environmental projects.
The successful candidate will support the design, planning, and execution of environmental investigation and remediation projects as a Project Hydrogeologist including groundwater modeling support, data analysis, data interpretation, and project report preparation to include data summaries and tabulations, site hydrogeologic characteristics, contaminant extent and fate and transport, conceptual site models, potentiometric maps, geologic interpretation and cross sections, contaminant plume maps, and written summaries. Additional duties may include periodic oversight and direction of Leidos staff and subcontractors during environmental field investigations, aquifer testing, drilling and DPT operations, logging of unconsolidated and bedrock lithologies, monitoring and injection well installation and development, monitoring well abandonment activities, and groundwater remedial actions.
Candidates will work independently with Leidos Project Managers and Senior Staff, supervise junior staff, and interface with multiple Leidos offices and subcontractors. Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Manage and execute project tasks as assigned, including cost/schedule, coordination and logistics, and project deliverables.
- Support or lead preparation of project management plans, sampling and analysis plans, quality assurance project plans, waste management plans, subcontractor statements of work (e.g., drilling services, surveying), procurement of materials and supplies for field investigations, coordinate and schedule field activities, support preparation of health and safety plans and other related documentation as required by the project.
- Compile, interpret, and report data to meet project quality assurance requirements under Federal (e.g. CERCLA), state, and/or client programs.
- Prepare technical reports, including technical analysis, conceptual site models, and visual data presentations, including maps, cross sections, and data tabulations.
- Comply with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety programs.
- Prepare and present project findings to clients, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Willing and able to travel to project locations, attend client meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS and MS degree in Hydrogeology, Geology, or Earth Sciences, or related discipline, and at least 5 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with hydrogeologic characterization and computational evaluation of hydrogeological systems. Experience with applied use of groundwater flow equations, contaminant fate and transport, groundwater modeling, CSM development, development of 2D and 3D subsurface visualizations.
- Experience with drilling operations oversight, geologic logging/interpretation, and monitoring well installation in unconsolidated and bedrock terrain. Experience with DPT, hollow-stem auger, sonic, and air rotary methods are required.
- Analysis and interpretation of chemical, geotechnical, geologic, and/or engineering data to address project/reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Professional Geologist (PG) credential or progress toward obtaining PG (e.g, Geologist in Training).
- Working knowledge of emerging PFAS technical guidance and investigations.
- Working knowledge of wireline coring and core logging and downhole geophysical methods and interpretation is a plus
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and current OSHA 8-hour refresher.
Ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.