At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customers in environmental remediation as a chemist helping coordinate the data management of our field results.
This is a hybrid position, and requires some in office support. When presence in the office is required, work can be performed at one of the following locations: Cleveland, Ohio; Oak Ridge, TN; St. Louis, MO, or Washington, D.C. It is expected the candidate will be within commutable distance to one of these locations.
- Evaluate lab reports for completeness, assess quality control results, and assign validation flags to reported concentrations based on the validation criteria
- Prepare written narratives to describe validation findings and write quality assurance/quality control reports
- Prepare sample information for field work including database setup of sample IDs, labels and chain-of-custody documents, and evaluate compliance with planning documents
- Develop completion reports to ensure sampling plans are executed in accordance with project requirements
- Query data in response to project management needs and prepare presentation tables for various reporting requirements; evaluate accuracy of final data relative to the reported data
- Track samples from collection through laboratory receipt, analysis, and reporting, and evaluate documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform validation of laboratory data packages of inorganic, organic, or radiological data received from analytical laboratories
- Entering data into various internal databases as well as ERPIMS, ADR.net, FUDSChem and perform quality control checks on data entry
- Routine communication and coordination with data management staff to ensure overall project objectives are satisfied
- B.S. degree in chemistry or other science, At least 2 years' relevant experience performing chemical analyses in a laboratory , validating chemical analytical data and/or one performing environmental data or database management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Four or more years' relevant experience.
- Experience in environmental field work or environmental analysis.
- Familiarity with environmental data validation practices/policies/procedures especially the Department of Defense Quality Systems Manual and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency National Functional Guidelines for Data Review.
- Familiarity with radiological, inorganic, and organic laboratory methods, QA/QC elements, and record keeping.
- Experience with data management software such as MS Access and SQL; or environmental databases such as ERPIMS, EQuIS, ADR.net or FUDSChem.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation systems.
Due to contract requirements; U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.