Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) for the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of managed IT services, including service desk, deskside support, workstation and server engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, end user device management, and infrastructure engineering, among others.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technology leader looking to work on a large, complex, and dynamic program, $850M in size. The Chief Engineer is responsible for driving technical execution on the program. The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The candidate should have the ability to multitask and juggle numerous priorities and customers. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences including CIOs, CTOs, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position. The individual selected for this position will be able to operate independently and without day-to-day direction from program management. Being able to take the initiative in driving technical execution and is critical.
This position will be based at the ESA V Program Office in Washington, DC.; however remote work is available. Periodic visits to various customer offices, mostly within walking distance of the Program Office, are expected.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the technical direction of the ESA V portfolio of DOJ programs. This includes evaluating technologies and creating a strategy and associated roadmaps to introduce those technologies into the environment.
- Host the monthly technical forum with ESA V technical staff to review roadmaps and discuss new technologies, tools, and processes. Chair the bi-weekly Innovation Review Board.
- The Chief Engineer will work the key customer contacts (e.g., CIO, CTO) to help drive technology introduction and advise them on technical directions.
- Develop customer technical responses and will review technical deliverables developed by other team members, chair the program’s Engineering Review Board, prepare weekly technical status reports, support proposals and other new business activities, and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in leading IT teams or programs and understanding and interest in emerging technologies and processes
- Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprise
- Project management experience
- Ability to obtain a public trust security clearance, prior to start date
- Ability to maintain a public trust security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading teams delivering some of the following technologies:
- Architecture and design of various solutions: Software solutions: web-based, database (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL) focused; Infrastructure for desktops and server support
- Managed services solutions (e.g., Help Desk, Desktop Management, Data Center management, etc.)
- Windows operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019)
- IT infrastructure components such as Active Directory
- ITSM systems (such as ServiceNow or Remedy) and integrations with key infrastructure components
- Software Development utilizing Agile
- Cloud-based Architectures (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Past experience as a Chief Engineer or an Associate Chief Engineer
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- ITIL Foundations
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.