The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Geospatial Analyst to support our customer in Springfield, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in GIS analysis to support a national security customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of customer mission requirements to include route analysis and detailed site surveys. The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects.
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other related products.
- The analyst will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate.
- The candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence agencies.
- In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of analytical procedures, development and maintenance of geodatabases, and may be required to educate and demonstrate new methodologies and instruct on the use of advanced GIS applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI
- HS Diploma and at least 3 years of relevant geospatial and GIS analysis experience. A bachelor’s degree in a field related to geospatial analysis may count for up to four years of this experience.
- Ability to produce dynamic GEOINT products.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, SocetGXP, TerraExplorer/Builder, Remote View, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA, Python (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyst geospatial data
- Capability to read and understand intelligence issues , military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- Experience with GIS to include data integration, extraction, and management
- Ability to operate in ArcGIS, ArcPRO, or other commercial GIS analytic programs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently and leading teams.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to brief senior staff officers to affect decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to NGA analysts to build effective customer relationships.
- Experience supporting analysis of WMD mission areas.
"External Referral Eligible"
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.