The BD and Strategy VP will lead all new business growth efforts for the Leidos Health Government Health & Safety Solutions (GHSS) portfolio, which includes HHS, CMS and SSA. The BD VP should establish a healthy sales pipeline, enable the successful closure of new business opportunities, and expand existing customer relationships. Reporting to Leidos Health’s SVP of Strategy & Business Development (BD), with accountability to (and partnership with) the SVP of GHSS operations, the VP of BD is responsible for driving full-lifecycle BD processes across multiple concurrent pursuits, and promoting the successful launch of strategic initiatives for future growth. S/he will lead a BD team in developing the overall growth strategy and marketing collateral, establishing strong partnerships internally and externally, executing formal capture plans, staying abreast of competitor activity and managing the pipeline and budgets.
- In collaboration with the SVP of GHSS, and others, establish credibility with key internal decision-makers and influencers who are integral to the success of Leidos Health, GHSS and BD efforts. Quickly assimilate important/relevant information to facilitate overall strategic planning, pursuit/capture activities, core BD objectives/metrics (awards, submits and pipeline growth), and, in general, the successful growth of the organization, per objectives.
- Strong track record of success in large-scale pursuits and captures, across multiple organizations and program offices of varying acquisition sizes.
- Proactively assess existing competencies, solutions, resources, etc., related to current Government Healthcare market demands; align/leverage these assets to create and roll-out strong short and long-term BD strategies; and implement a solid plan to identify, capture and further develop client opportunities that enable the organization to gain a significant share of business in the Government Health marketplace.
- Build and lead a high-performing BD team (~20 capture managers, BD leads & analysts). Establish priorities, create workforce/staffing plans, and ensure proper resource allocations as needed to keep pace with demand and consistently achieving desired results. Foster a “winning” culture around goal attainment, inspiring the team to achieve greater heights, with integrity and transparency. Manage and realign new business fund budgets to support successful growth while remaining within budget.
- Serve in a strategic, senior client-facing role to help drive the successful capture of significant deals -- with initial emphasis on FDA, CMS and CDC, among other Government HC businesses (NIH, CDC, HRSA, IHS, ONCHIT, SAMHSA, ACF, etc.)
- Participate in M&A due diligence, JVs, divestitures, expansions, strategic partnerships, the evaluation of new market opportunities, and sustainability, to ensure alignment with overall strategy and vision.
- Participate in business planning activities, e.g., weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions, gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews. Monitor the pipeline, the associated new business fund budgets, the domain/market, competitor activities, and their potential impact on market share.
Skills and Capabilities:
- 12-15 years of successful client-facing, full-lifecycle BD and capture experience; i.e., strategic business planning, goal-setting, and metrics-driven process management experience, including BD market research and gap identification, economics analysis, business intelligence, collateral creation, budget management, pricing, pursuit and capture planning and hands-on leadership, market/competitor monitoring, partnerships, and overall pipeline development and management.
- Outstanding teambuilding, leadership and talent management skills -- the ability to hire/build, assess, (re)organize, coach, develop, motivate, track/measure and grow an optimized, high-performing team capable of taking the organization to higher performance levels, and achieving growth objectives.
- Strong track record of establishing customer call plans; working directly with customer personnel, with demonstrated access to decision-makers and key influencers, and able to articulate “value” to prospective clients.
- Financial management experience – has successfully planned and run large budgets; sets reasonable financial goals and holds all accountable; develops profitable and compelling value propositions/proposals; and consistently meets financial commitments.
- M&A experience – has investigated, evaluated and/or otherwise participated in M&A and JV-oriented due diligence and related strategic acquisition activities.
- Experience continually improving upon successful pursuit and capture strategies, processes and best practices; and aligning resources to generate desired results.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, and resourceful
- Comfortable with ambiguity, wearing multiple ‘hats’, being hands-on where needed; a skilled mentor, thought leader and collaborative team player
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred, ideally, in a related technical or business discipline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.