The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Telecommunications Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
In the Telecommunications Engineer role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Communications Engineering Center in College Park, GA in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, site work, Communications systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures.
Telecommunications Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and design Communications Antenna tower replacement and modifications, site work, Radio and Fiber Optics System establish and replacement projects for a variety of FAA NAS Facilities.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate Construction Drawings/specifications showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions, in compliance with FAA standards and Orders.
- Conduct design review/Operational Risk Management meetings
- Update the Air to Ground Site Survey Database Document
- Complete the Site Requirement Form (SFR)
- Review project deliverables and provide verbal and written communication to the findings.
- Develop cost estimates
- Develop purchase request
- Participate in construction inspections and final inspections
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Independently Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, and coordinating IRMC and ORM meetings needed to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete applicable EOSH work permits for construction including potential impact lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
Telecommunications Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Must have an Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree from a 4 year ABET accredited College/University.
- Four years experience in communication system design, modeling, and simulation of network components.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.