DATA ANALYST / DATA SCIENTIST (OPERATIONS), LEIDOS EUROPE Ltd
The Team Leidos Data Analyst (TL DA) is primarily responsible for development of an analytical assessment of our ability to meet the demands of an Operational outload of military materiel.
As a key member of the TL Operations team, the DA will collect, analyse and review complex data sets in order to deliver an assessment of TL capacity versus military demand in ongoing operations and periods of significant surge, such as support to future military operations and major training events. The initial priority will be to review the preliminary model and to continue with further development. Their role is data modelling, taking the data presented to build, then improve, models in differing formats. This role is carrying on from an earlier model, so the ideal applicant will be one who is comfortable reviewing current data sets and working with clients to add more complexity to the model. The results will enable evidence-based decision making by the TL Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces at scale and pace.
• The role is based in Ministry of Defence (MoD) Abbey Wood, Filton, Bristol but much of the work will be able to be completed at home if desired. Some travel in the first few months will be required to visit key locations, such as the Leidos depots in Donnington and Bicester.
• Develop modelling and analysis tools to collate multiple sources of information into a single picture of our procurement, warehousing and transport capacity.
• Working closely with multiple clients within logistic chain to scope out new data sets and to wrangle data into expanding model
• Ensure that the model is coherent with the Defence demand modelling being completed by the MoD.
• Provide analytical support to the development of Courses of Action (using the model to scope various ‘what if’ scenarios) across a wide range of planning activity in order to optimise logistic support to Defence.
• Complete analysis of time sensitive questions and issues using the model to inform decisions.
• Provide analysis, predictions and assumptions to inform effective Risk Management, focussing on support to military operations.
• Be prepared to provide Out of Hours support during periods of significant surge, expected to be rare.
• Proficient in automating data ingestion of structured and unstructured data.
• Proficient in designing and building data models and developing business intelligence dashboards using PowerBI or similar tools.
• Proficient in advanced excel, MS Access, SQL and with complex data sets.
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised and with management at every level.
• Performance reporting, statistical modelling
• Proactive, organized
• Master Data Management
• Logical and creative thinking
• Problem solving and decision-making skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Good communication & collaborative skills
• Successful candidate will require Security Clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.