The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Systems Administrator Level 3 and Site Lead at Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Systems Administrator will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up to the Program Manager.
- Lead the site and team members to achieve program objective and deliverables
- Responsible for management and execution of large site projects, as well as influencing the strategic goals of the Fort Belvoir site
- Lead communication with customer leadership, internal program leaders, and team members on status of the program, new developments, or issues that are being worked
- Collaborates with the customer and team leads on program design, processes and execution.
- Manage and suggest improved processes and innovation for the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Manage day‐to‐day IT operations, including service desk, desktop, server, storage, and network administration, VTC operations, hardware support; manage personnel and their operational and project-related workloads.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers and clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Propose new technology, lead and manage special projects, develop project plans with customer input and manage project operations from customer provided requirements
- Resolves highly complex problems with use of technical knowledge and experience, as well transfers knowledge to team members to amplify and improve their skills and abilities
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Document system configurations and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Install, administer, and maintain Windows servers, workstations, laptops, and basic cabling as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations
- Install, administer, and maintain virtual environments and physical hosts and storage devices
- Administer Active Directory, Domain Controller, Terminal Server and Exchange services
- Apply security patches, IAVAs, STIGS, and updates for all assigned systems
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues
- Collect, review, and store server log files to identify and remediate system issues.
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Master's degree in technology related field with 10+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as team lead
- Experience managing virtualization solutions such as VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with deploying & hardening Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, SCOM, SCCM, IIS, SQL, DSUW, Remedy ITSM, M3, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software
- Ability to complete and lead difficult and complex assignments independently
- Experience working with demanding high-ranking customers and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Role-based Microsoft Certified Associate in relevant area
- Currently possess MCSE or Role-based Microsoft Certified Expert in relevant area
- Currently possess CCNP or CCSP
- ITILv3 certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.