Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Military Professional for a Senior Defense Analyst position in Greenwood Village Colorado.( Denver , Lakewood and Aurora Metro area.)
Conduct research and analysis of complex national security issues and defense policy. Position requires a significant military background to include experience in the Asian-Pacific region and expertise in developing policy and strategy papers for the US government. The position also requires significant experience doing quantitative analysis and/or modeling. Foreign language capability is desirable. A requisite requirement is the ability to immediately contribute to the process of preparing and delivering technical analytical products to personnel in the US government. The position is located in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Conduct technical research and analysis; prepare briefings and technical reports: and brief DoD and IC customers on research and findings.
- Routinely interact with Government personnel in meetings and seminars.
Note-Relocation assistance may be available.
- Strong technical skills with MS or PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research; Operations Analysis; Systems Analysis; Statistics; Applied Mathematics; Stochastic Processes; or Industrial Engineering.
- 12 to 20 years military experience up to command-level operational background.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day military operations within DoD.
- Experience in the Pacific area of operations.
- Experience with the development of strategy, policy, and force requirements for future contingencies.
- Significant experience with quantitative analysis and/or modeling.
- Able to conduct in –depth research on a variety of national defense topics. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a diverse team of highly trained multi-disciplinary analysts.
- Excellent analytic, research, and writing skills required.
- Comfortable in preparing and delivering detailed, oral presentations derived from research and analysis to senior DOD officials
- Understanding of Asian-Pacific regional issues from a US military planning and operational perspective.
- Work experience as Attaché/FAO at USDAO, US Embassy, China, Japan or Asian/Pacific locations.
- Additional education or training in foreign affairs.
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have an active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years; or, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.