Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Manager – Solar Interconnection with generation interconnection project management experience who will work alongside engineering managers, senior leaders and executives supporting various clients within the Power Delivery Solutions (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for driving scope execution, maximizing schedule and financial performance, contracts management and risk mitigation.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
- Act as Project Manager and manage the overall execution and performance of various-scale solar interconnection projects for electric utilities in the Western United States
- Independently manage utility interconnection projects, ensuring all phases of approved project assignments are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule, and budget
- Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approve project parameters. Ensures prompt communication in changes to capital expenditure forecasts and targeted equipment in service dates
- Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, capital expenditure forecasting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of utility projects
- Lead a team of assistant project managers, project schedulers, project controllers, siting and public outreach personnel, environmental and permitting personnel and multi-discipline engineering departments that are assigned to project work
- Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Assist client procurement and estimating departments with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule, and budgets
- Manages the development of required outage and construction execution plans
- Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations
- Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
- Responsible for coordinating client billing and invoice resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction, Business or Finance required with an additional 8+ years of relevant experience as a Large-Scale Project Manager or Program Manager or a master’s with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with solar interconnection projects is required
- Distribution project experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within the power delivery industry
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, reliability, and sound judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Periodic travel is required
- PMP Certification
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.