The NISC IV program within the Leidos Civil Group is seeking an Arc Flash / Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract team. This position will provide support to our Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer in the Western Service Area with Regional ofice in Des Moines WA. You will be expected to conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity. Specific duties for the position include: On-site data collection activities, Electrical system modeling using SKM, calculations, report review, and coordination with other lines of business within the FAA to ensure a quality product. Consult on electrical safety issues throughout the FAA through the use of standards, including but not limited to, OSHA, NEC (NFPA 70), and NFPA 70E. Serve as a subject matter expert in Electrical Safety for the FAA. Complete assignments to adhere to long-term goals set by management.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience must include electrical trades related to Arc Flash Analysis.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the basic concepts of short circuit and coordination studies.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts.
- Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analyses (from conception to execution) using SKM-Power Tools for Windows and provided direct supervisory oversight of projects.
- Must be able to use SKM Arc Flash software to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Experience in Electrical Safety and knowledge of associated safety standards (OSHA, NFPA 70E, ASTM), working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration and teamwork.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Professional Engineer PE in Electrical Engineering and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) knowledge and experience is preferred but not required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.