Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Storage and Backup/Recovery Engineer, Mid to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Security Operations & Engineering (SOE) team. As a Mid Storage and Backup/Recovery Engineer, you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access. You will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and controlling system wide storage/backups/restores in a high paced environment. In this role, you will provide engineering support to enterprise storage solutions. You will primarily work on midlevel projects and implement large changes to support the Network Security Engineering team and the larger corporate initiatives. Additionally, you will provide guidance and assistance to junior engineers.
You will be part of a fantastic team working on multiple information systems in a high demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program.
We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Fairmont, WV/ Silver Springs, MD/ or Boulder, CO.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Provide day to day operational support for Storage and Backup/Recovery
- Engineering/design of storage and backup/recovery related infrastructure
- Engineering and monitoring of SAN and NAS systems utilizing PureStorage and NetApp technologies
- Engineering and monitoring backup and restore capabilities using EMC Networker and Spectra Tape library
- Engineering and monitoring of DR Solutions for virtual machines using VMware Replication and VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Support of various backup and storage system hardware and software to ensure proper maintenance, patching, and security practices are followed and current. The vendors would include Dell EMC, NetApp, PureStorage, Brocade, Spectra.
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis of storage, backup, and recovery infrastructure.
- Analyze Problems & escalate to appropriate Levels. Hardware/software fault detection and vendor liaison
- Responsible for advanced troubleshooting of Storage and Backup/Recovery related issues
- Ensure backup of critical system/application infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise to large or complex projects
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for operations team members
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support for the corporate network security environment.
- Provide feedback to team leadership to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Provider technical leadership to junior engineers
- Provide technical support for system upgrades, technical refreshes, or new builds per requirements set by the leadership team as well as functional leads
- Be a technical resource for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide documentation support for designs, implementations, configurations, knowledge base articles relative to enterprise backup solutions
- Provide support relative to end-user issues regarding all services provided
- Support the project lifecycle for network storage projects as well as projects with dependencies on storage/backups
- Configure and validate current backups
- With the guidance of higher level peers and functional leads, recommend system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected (i.e., system security upgrades, technical refreshes etc,.)
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the storage systems equipment & networks
- Ensure documentation relative operational procedures, services, etc., are written and centrally accessible and updated as necessary
- Have strong communication skills and be a team player
- Requires Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years in an enterprise network or security environment. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Strong knowledge of PureStorage storage arrays and NetApp storage arrays
- Strong knowledge of Brocade fiber switching
- Strong knowledge of EMC Networker software and Spectra Tape library hardware
- Experience with VMware Replication and VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Comfortable using GUI and CLI
- Configure, administer, and optimize NFS/CIFS protocols utilizing PureStorage and NetApp storage arrays
- Knowledge of storage-related connectivity protocols and technologies (e.g., iSCSI, NFS, FibreChannel, SAN, NAS, DAS, block)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to apply and incorporate information technologies into proposed solutions
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles
- Experience providing O&M and engineering support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs
- Knowledge of IT system operation, maintenance, and security needed to keep equipment functioning properly
- Ability and drive to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Network/Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Securty+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye, CCNA, CCIE, etc.)
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Experience designing, developing, integrating, implementing, operating, and analysis of cybersecurity technologies
- Skill in identifying measures or indicators of storage performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Skill in applying and incorporating information/storage/backup technologies into proposed solutions
- Skill in independently making configuration updates to ensure system availability requirements
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, and high-stress situations
- Understanding of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors, and customer support
Clearance / Citizenship:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
- US Citizenship is required
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.