The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Cloud Engineer for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This role is primary remote. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment and release management leveraging DevSecOps.
In this role, you will:
- Supporting Oracle database migration from on premise to AWS Cloud leveraging RDS managed service.
- Supporting the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts.
- Leading the proof of concept effort to use micro services architecture of Oracle GoldenGate replication engine.
- Supporting the development of long term and short term requirements for database administration and design.
- Supporting the development of data migration strategy and its implementation
- Assisting in the testing and cutover activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 4-6 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Public Trust Clearance
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution, and general administration.
- Must have a good understanding of databases, primarily Oracle and/or other relational and non-relational/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and RDS managed service in particular
- Must have experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in general.
- Must have knowledge of programming languages to include Java.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.