Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Test Engineer. The Senior Test Engineer’s primary responsibility will be support of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) automated and manual testing in a Java/Agile environment. Responsibilities also include working closely with analysts, developers, and customers on automation testing activities.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Proficient in designing, implementing enterprise-wide reusable test automation frameworks.
- Experience working in distributed enterprise SOA environments including REST services.
- Experience developing Behavior Driven tests for traditional UI (JSP / Thyme Leaf etc.) and services
- Experience with protractor framework integration using Selenium WebDriverJS to automate Angular based web applications.
- Expertise in Gherkin & Cucumber.
- Experience developing Behavior Driven tests for Services.
- Proficient with Postman, SoapUI, ReadyAPI and/or similar tools.
- Working knowledge of NPM, Grunt and Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodology.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Database experience such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL and JDBC.
- Agile certification is desired.
- Ability to analyze and fix SonarQube bugs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing Unit Tests in Angular Project (Mocha, Karma).
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodology.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Work closely with customer on project planning, technical discussions, identification and analysis of tools and new technologies, and support issue identification and resolution.
- Support automated functional and UI testing utilizing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) testing practices in a Java/Angular Agile environment.
- Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Developing user stories, processes, and workflows.
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 4+ years or bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of prior relevant software test engineering experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.