At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require occasional off hours support during operating system/software upgrades and patches.
Candidate is responsible performing the following activities:
- Perform Site Local Area Network (LAN) Coordination (SLC) Activities to assist desktop and network users supporting the Social Security Administration Agency.
- Monitor help desk tickets and resolve desktop Issues.
- Image laptops and desktops.
- Migrate users to other Organizational units.
- Add/Delete HP Printers from the Print server, Clear Printer Jams, Replace Toner and photoconductors, and set up new printers.
- Set up Crash sites.
- Toner Inventory, Setup conference phones, repair projectors, Resolve desktop encryption issues, setup scanners.
- Submit Laptop Requests, and support SharePoint
Candidate will communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. Candidate may communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
Candidate works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support junior level staff.
- Provide after hours on-call support that will be required to apply changes during non-peak hours.
- Accept other duties as directed by management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Active Directory (AD) user accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange email accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and scheduling installation of new and/or modified hardware and software.
- Should also resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems and manages the installation and integration of system patches, updates and enhancements.
- Experience with imaging, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting government workstations, laptops, servers and blackberries.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop and network printers.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot SharePoint sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in tracking inventory, including the location of all systems, software releases and telecommunications equipment. Should be able to conduct inventory reviews.
- Ability to assist in the acquisition, installation, testing and evaluation of computer hardware and software.
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving problems in response to reported incidents using tools such as AD.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Windows Operating Systems and various software packages, including Microsoft tools and Adobe.
- Experience with administering file, print and database servers.
- Ability to create "How to" documentation.
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working on government sites with the ability to learn government processes and procedures.
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of related IT experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.