At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require occasional off hours support during operating system/software upgrades and patches.
Candidate is responsible performing the following activities:
- Provide Systems Administration for WebSphere on z/OS and Distributed Systems.
- Provide Developer community with application support (Configuration of the WebSphere Server, application deployment, application debugging).
- Install and maintain UCD software component (UCD Agent) on z/OS.
- Support COTS products SoftDate, WebFocus and IBM's License Metric Tool.
Candidate will communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. Candidate may communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
Candidate works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support junior level staff.
- Provide after hours on-call support that will be required to apply changes during non-peak hours.
- Accept other duties as directed by management.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Experience with WebSphere for z/OS
- Experience with the following platforms: TSO, ISPF, JCL, UCD, Git, Unix, and Linux
- Experience with Liberty, Apache, DB2, JDBC, CICS, MQ, and WebFocus
- Experience working to resolve issues or research upgrades
- Experience with SoftDate, Eclipse, Javascipt, HEAT, JIRA, Security.
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Experience with Jenkins and BitBucket
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 6+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.