The NISC IV program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Material Coordinator to support the FAA Air Traffic Facilities Group with Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) siting projects. The Material Coordinator will ensure each proposed ATCT site team is prepared for the Virtual Reality (VR) presentation by testing the individual site specific software, assembling / disassembling the hardware and software packages, and assisting the project 3D modelers with software modifications. Additional duties will include managing the inventory of VR equipment to include purchasing, user level maintenance, routine functional equipment testing, and shipping.
Daily activities will include:
- Identify VR equipment and resource requirements for each individual Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) test site.
- For each proposed ATCT site assemble VR hardware, load site specific 3D modeling software, and ensure functionality of hardware and software components.
- Maintain off-shelf and proprietary software updates on VR machines.
- Maintain hardware, inventory, and obtain replacement equipment as required.
- Purchase, install, and maintain software subscriptions.
- Maintain 3D VR model archives.
- Assembling / Disassembling VR equipment for packing, shipping, and tracking.
- Coordinate transportation /shipping providers to ship VR equipment to testing sites.
- Responsible for financial records, preparing bills, and invoicing related to items above.
Please Note: One will need to work onsite in Englewood, Co. Travel is about 10%.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
- Technical ability to assemble VR hardware and software equipment, install unique software for each assembly, and evaluate functionality.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience maybe considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated project management skills; the ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously in order to meet customer requirements and deadlines (i.e., manage time, prioritize tasks, coordinate resources).
- Ability to perform with autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.