Leidos is seeking a customer experience driven personality to join our team as a Information Systems Security Officer. This role will drive HTP operations on focused contractual agreements while working with a team of highly motivated, technical individuals who work in a collegial, collaborative work environment. Your key role is leading and coordinating multiple teams’ tasks and staff inputs to ensure all the requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner for successful performance reporting. In addition, you would contribute to the analysis and formulation of strategic performance direction across all areas of responsibility.
This position requires a results-oriented individual with exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to help us deliver both program and customer facing metric data and analysis. Join us at AEGIS where the sky is NOT the limit!
- Develop security control selection guidance consistent with the organization’s risk management strategy.
- Draft and review information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system, and application level.
- Complete regular situational awareness reports and daily reports.
- Perform regular management and maintenance of network vulnerability scanning tools and other cybersecurity tools and performing vulnerability assessment scans as necessary.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Provide input/artifacts as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process including reviews and accreditations.
- Provide guidance on vulnerability and malware remediation.
- Provide Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) database information inputs.
- Suggest cybersecurity solutions and process improvements to help minimize the risks to the information system.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures to scan, identify, contain, mitigate, and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, NIST 800-53 and FIPS 199.
- Extensive knowledge of RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Knowledge of network vulnerability scanning tools, other cybersecurity tools and performing vulnerability assessment scans.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
Secret clearance (required)
Required Certifications / Training:
- IAM-II Certified or one of the following Certifications: CASP+ CE, CISM
CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CCISO,
- Microsoft certification for Windows desktop or server administration
- CompTIA Security+ certification
Potential for Telework (if any):
There is a potential for telework, but most tasks must be completed on-site.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Require BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.