Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Business Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
This Business Analyst will provide technical application support for our utility client and will be required to coordinate system requirements with technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels. Responsibilities will include analysis, change management, coordinating and tracking of information on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects with customers and deadlines. The candidate will also be required to develop solutions that require depth of technical knowledge and understand through discussions with the technical team.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in The Woodlands, TX, New Orleans, LA, or Little Rock, AR, as this is where the client sites are.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing, evaluating, and documenting business processes
- Gathering key requirements from stakeholders and producing useful reports and analysis
- Facilitating meetings and presenting reports, analysis, or findings
- Documenting and effectively communicating the results of your efforts
- Documenting, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Validating solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Writing user stories, acceptance criteria, and participating in user acceptance testing
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience or knowledge in at least one or more of the following is required:
- Google Analytics
- Ability to explain technical solutions, practices, and procedures to technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels through excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven and have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated multitasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilities experience preferred
Program Specific Salary Range: $95,000 - $115,000K
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.