The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to be based on site with our Intel Community customer. This position will be responsible for designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, installation oversite, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems and sub systems associated with Intel customer facilities and critical infrastructure. You will have demonstrated electrical engineering experience, well-developed professional skills and a proven track record of delivering results. Your ability to work collaboratively with a team of people from across multiple organizations and the company will be crucial for success
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing construction operations to include:
- Oversee electrical engineering design of power distribution systems for mission critical facilities, including the design of grounding systems, load flow, voltage drop, short circuit current, and generator and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) sizing.
- Analyze electrical engineering designs to ensure compliance with national electrical code (NEC).
- Analyze relevant technical information and documentation related to construction projects and building designs, including equipment loads, tolerances, grounding/bonding requirements, and electrical system designs and provide observations on accuracy and completeness, and recommendations for improvement.
- Perform and analyze site surveys and develop site survey reports which address recommended site construction and installation requirements, potential communication or power source availability, overall site suitability and alternatives.
- Oversee Electrical Design and System Analysis (EDSA) of low voltage electrical protection schemes, short circuit analysis, and arc-flash hazard identification and risk mitigation.
- Perform Arc Flash Hazard energy calculations and conduct Arc Flash Hazard site assessments.
- Assist in the design and analysis of various electrical facilities and systems including Engine Generators, Uninterrupted Power Supply, and Power Cabling Systems using Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software. Analysis will include but is not limited to circuit analysis, circuit breaker coordination, and ground fault calculations.
- Prepare or update site specific engineering plans and drawings, red-line drawings, and “as built” drawings.
- Oversee coordinated reviews of facility designs, installation schedules, site visits, implementation schedules, and other related project communications with all project stakeholders.
- Prepare engineering risk assessments and provide recommendations and proposals of actions or improvements to mitigate potential risks resulting from site, facility, and project/program changes.
- Requires Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in good standings in the United States
- Experience in electrical design and engineering using NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E.
- Experience using a nationally recognized electrical analysis computer software such as SKM Power Tools software (or equivalent).
- Experience in reviewing and commenting on design work and calculations performed by others.
- Strong understanding of EHS policies & procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working within Facility Maintenance or similar technical environment.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Power Distribution
- Understanding of Industrial Control Circuits
- TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. Citizenship
- SCADA Systems familiarity
- PMP Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.