Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Test Engineer with pilot/military fighter/bomber experience (Pilot or Weapons Systems Officer). You will be part of a highly focused and diverse team of Subject Matter Experts (former military aviators), software engineers and security test engineers. Together, your role is to provide agile support to mission planning developers and program managers in bringing the highest quality mission planning software to the warfighter. This position is based on-site at Eglin AFB, FL. Relocation is available and we support a flexible work schedule on an as needed ba! We are seeking cleared candidates with an active Secret clearance and are motivated to hire!
The focus of this position is to conduct operationally representative evaluations of early release (development cycle) mission planning software, with a focus on fighter/bomber capabilities (sensor planning, weapons planning, threat planning) and integration of client systems with Air Force networks and Air-Operations-Center (AOC) nodes. Additional focus is on the use of real-world threat data and Orders of Battle to evaluate data compatibility and integrity, from data source to mission planning end products such as maps, flight knee-board cards, data cartridges and briefing materials. You will evaluate component-level and system-level planning capabilities for multiple weapon systems and will provide subject matter expertise for developers, program managers, field users, government test agencies and other mission planning stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, executing and reporting on evaluation activities, and providing findings and recommendations back to developers and program managers.
- Developing and coordinating operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments.
- Conducting end-to-end evaluations of JMPS systems. Activities include technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), operationally focused test execution and deficiency reporting and analysis.
- Working directly with software developers, program management and operational user community to identify JMPS functional, usability and performance deficiencies and to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Developing and maintaining evaluation procedures.
- Our team focuses on forward-looking solutions which has made us a valued lifetime partner ensuring mission success!
- BS degree or equivalent and 8 – 12 years relevant experience including USAF/USN operational flying experience in fighter/bomber aircraft.
- Expertise in unit level, wing level or AOC level planning. Previous mission planning experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Knowledge of force-level Command & Control data (Air Tasking Orders/Airspace Coordination Orders (ATO/ACO)).
- Familiarization with Geographic Intelligence (GEOINT) data.
- Previous JMPS experience is highly desired but not required.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments.
- Knowledge of Crypto-key handling and use for weapons planning
- Knowledge of software testing concepts.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use.
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems setup and use.
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering processes for software development life cycle.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.