Support the development of the NCBRE Analysis Toolset (NATs), primarily in the role as a Software/GIS Engineer. The primary work location for this position is in sunny San Diego, CA, however, the role can be worked 100% remotely.
- Integrate the existing IWMDT map into the NATs infrastructure through IOC with heavy java sw work
- Continue the integration of advanced IWMDT map features into the NATs infrastructure post-IOC
- Migrate the ArcGIS map server to the ESRI container based version of ArcGIS map server.
- Develop new NATs map user features using feedback from developers and stakeholders during the development of new NATs capabilities.
- Develop new map 3D capabilities as they are defined by the user community. The existing 3D capabilities use Cesium, this may be converted to ESRI in the future.
- Research the possibility of using alternative 2D and 3D map tools and servers that are not ESRI proprietary tools.
Must have proven experience with the following GIS tools and capabilities:
- Bachelors Degree and 12+ years of experience with experience to be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires a Secret clearance to get access to the software repositories and testing facilities. The work is unclassified, and the software repositories and testing sites are unclassified.
- ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap.
- ArcGIS API for Python (ArcPy) and Python 3.x.
- ArcGIS Server 10.8.
- ArcGIS Webadaptor.
- Spatial Databases.
- Data Visualization.
- Postgres with PostGIS extension and SQL.
- RESTful Web Service.
- Java programming experience.
- Development using virtual machines.
- Java Spring.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.